Animate a 3D face model with your camera, record and change your voice
Publish, share, convert to video
: A singing 3D Face is published as an Avatar app! See
Watch the demo
This app uses the latest HTML5 developments and is still experimental...
What you need is:
- A recent PC/Notebook under Windows 7 or above, browser Google Chrome or
Firefox, with webcam and microphone.
- A recent high range smartphone/tablet under Android Nougat (7.0) or above, browser Google
Apple devices are currently not supported, recent ios versions allow camera
access but not voice recording.
This app attempts to detect your face and facial expressions in real time. This
may not always work and your avatar will start having its own life...
For best result, place your face in front of a neutral background (wall,
curtain...) and make sure there is enough light.
Singing in playback
You may have your avatar sing in playback, with high quality stereo audio. Here's how to proceed:
- Connect your CD or mp3 player to the "line in" input from your computer
- On your computer audio properties, select "Recording Devices",
then "line in" and disable the microphone input.
- Check that the song plays through the computer speakers (depending on
your sound system, you may have to select "Listen to this device" or
- Carefully adjust the levels for no saturation.
- Start your browser and the Avatar app, start the camera, make sure your
face is detected and start singing in playback with the song.
After a few trials, you should get something like this:
Required browser: Chrome 63 or higher, Firefox 57 or higher. Previous
versions don't support stereo audio capture.
All processing is done locally, no webcam data is sent outside your device.
Your voice data is sent to server only when you publish the animation. The Voice
Pitch slider allows modifying your voice so it cannot be recognized. You may
also avoid sending your voice to the server by checking the Mute checkbox.